What’s New in West Michigan!
● Hotel Walloon is a brand new 32 room, boutique hotel that just opened at the end of May
● Located on Walloon Lake, centrally located between Petoskey, Boyne City, and Charlevoix
● Offers guests vintage elegance and unlimited adventure Up North year round
● Hotel Walloon offers a billiard room, fitness center, wifi, a lakeside spa tub, and a private beach on Walloon Lake.
● Many of their rooms offer a connecting room options, making this a great place for a family getaway Up North!
Long Road Distillers
● Brand new distillery opened its doors last week on the West Side of Grand Rapids off Leonard Street.
● They make craft Vodka, Gin, and White Whiskey, with plans for additional products by the end of the month
● Limited Menu from their kitchen: small plate items, sandwiches, and salads
● Able to produce 10,000 cases of spirits a year
● One of the few distilleries in the state to make all their products “grain to glass,” with most all their ingredients grown within 30 miles
● Cocktails available in the tasting room, with all their cordials, bitters, and simple syrups made in-house
● Long Road hopes to begin distributing bottles by the end of summer. For now, patrons can buy one at the distillery, priced at $30 for a 750 ML bottle of vodka, gin or white whiskey and $18 for a 350 ML bottle.
● The distillery offers an annual membership buy-in with discount perks for $65.
● Distillery hours are 4 p.m. to midnight, Monday through Thursday, noon to midnight Friday and Saturday, and noon to 9 p.m. on Sunday.
● Escape Michigan is the newest “Escape Room” to open in West Michigan, and will open its doors in mid-June.
● You and up to four friends will be locked in a special room and have sixty minutes to solve a series of puzzles to find your way out of the room.
● There are two different escape rooms, with unique obstacles in each. “Outbreak” is a lab setting, and “Secret Agent” is the home of an undercover spy.
● To start your mission, the “gamemaster” will act as a guide and give clues to the team, leading you to the puzzles you’ll need to solve to escape.
● Your minds are put to the test, and teambuilding is part of the challenge.
Michigan’s Heritage Park
● Explore 10,000 Years of Michigan History at Michigan’s Heritage Park in Whitehall when it opens on June 6
● 19-acre living history park in a natural woodland setting in Whitehall
● You’ll travel through history as you make your way along the half-mile trail, with stops at a Native American Village, an early settler’s cabin, and a logging shanty.
● You’ll also visit a 1900s farmhouse, a fur trading post, archaeology dig, and a Civilian Conservation Corps Camp.
● They’ll be hosting a Civil War Encampment on June 13 and 14 at the park, with more special events throughout the summer.